A lack of active engagement of families and carers in clinical care of a person with an eating disorder provide an environment where eating disorders are more likely to thrive and persist.
EDFA knows families and carers welcome a clear mandate and strategies to enable them to play a key role in the care team.
EDFA will facilitate or advocate for clinicians to:
- Better appreciate the value of allying with families and carers
- Access standards for families’ and carers’ involvement in treatment
- Develop organisational/clinical capacity for inclusion
of families and carers in an active role
Recent EDFA BLOG Posts
- Historic moment for eating disorders in Australia
- Press release from the Honourable Greg Hunt Australian Federal Minister for Health
- Loves knows no boundaries in recovery by June Alexander and Holly Curtis
- The Academy For Eating Disorders World Eating Disorder Healthcare Rights
- Eating Disorder Diary Writer, June Alexander, Narative Work shops in Perth Western Australia