The existence and treatment of eating disorders places families and carers under incredible stresses for extended periods of time. EDFA knows that there is hope and with support, families can come through the recovery journey.
EDFA will facilitate families and carers:
- To be informed of the impacts of eating disorders on the family and the individuals within it.
- Being supported to access services to optimise their quality of life during the treatment and recovery process.
- To address any negative impacts of eating disorders on the family.
Recent EDFA BLOG Posts
- Historic moment for eating disorders in Australia
- Press release from the Honourable Greg Hunt Australian Federal Minister for Health
- Loves knows no boundaries in recovery by June Alexander and Holly Curtis
- The Academy For Eating Disorders World Eating Disorder Healthcare Rights
- Eating Disorder Diary Writer, June Alexander, Narative Work shops in Perth Western Australia