This is the website of the Butterfly Foundation, the peak national body supporting and representing the interests of individuals with Eating Disorders and/or body image concerns, and their families, friends, and carers. The Butterfly Foundation is a charitable incorporated organisation that provides a range of services including telephone and online support, school prevention programs, support groups, direct relief, a day program, school presentations, parent and carer consultations, research, and provides advocacy and leadership.
Butterfly National Helpline
Phone: 1800 33 4673
Online Chat: Click here to chat online with someone.
Butterfly’s National Helpline and Online Chat provide free, confidential support for anyone with a question about eating disorders or negative body image, including sufferers, carers, family and friends, teachers, employers and more. The service can provide
- Personalised support and coping strategies
- Information on understanding eating disorders
- Guidance on treatment options
- Information on available services in your area
- Connections with other services and specialists.
The National Helpline and Online Chat service are open Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm AEST daylight savings adjusted (except national/major public holidays).
Please note: The National Helpline is not a crisis service and cannot provide medical help. If in crisis please contact the emergency help services listed below.
Recent EDFA BLOG Posts
- Historic moment for eating disorders in Australia
- Press release from the Honourable Greg Hunt Australian Federal Minister for Health
- Loves knows no boundaries in recovery by June Alexander and Holly Curtis
- The Academy For Eating Disorders World Eating Disorder Healthcare Rights
- Eating Disorder Diary Writer, June Alexander, Narative Work shops in Perth Western Australia